Friday, November 30, 2012

That Damn Mouse Bit Me!


That Damn Mouse Bit Me!...

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

My little girl hands parted the green blades of grass
The leaves of the different flowers planted there
I wanted to find the bottom of the flower I had chosen
So, that I could pick it for my Grandma Alma

Instead my eyes were riveted on the nest there
With little baby mice in it, how sweet they were
My heart melted as I pick some of the babies up
It quickly became cold when one of them bit me hard

I put it back down, tilted my head
Looking at something so sweet, precious
Then, looking at my finger to see the blood
I said 'that damn little mouse bit me!'.... on the finger

With that on my mind, I ran into the house of Hell
To tell my Grandma Alma, George
About the little nest of mice I'd just found
Someone mentioned they'd have to kill them

I ran back outside, quickly found that nest
I took it to another place, hid it well
Someone came out to kill the babies
They didn't... because to this day they never found them
:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment