Saturday, July 1, 2017

Thoughts Float Just As I Do… You Know How Thoughts Go…


4 years ago in 2013 ...



I wrote this in 2013 ... AFTER ... my swimming pool collapsed and threw my ....... out on the ground in front of ... God and everybody! We'd gotten it put back up ... the problem was Skip had paid a guy to even out the sand ... he evened it out alright ... just right enough to ... 'get me'! I'll never forget the sudden collapse of the pool ... me suddenly taking a wild-ass ride! I was in the middle of clear water drowning while the thought was in my mind ... 'isn't all this clear water beautiful!' Then ... I hit the ground with a crash ... I suffered sand burns from that wild ride! 


I just wanted to share it again ... it was a beautiful day ... the birds were singing ... wind blowing ... a nice day to be in the pool ... what could go wrong?









My beautiful, fun swimming pool took me for a wild ride ... sand burns and all!  



When all seems perfect ... what could go wrong? By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.


Thoughts Float Just As I Do…

You Know How Thoughts Go…

Anything Goes! I’m Just Saying….

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee
‘This picture’ used to be ‘me’ at a younger age!  :)))  I always drew ‘myself’, everyone would recognize it.  Now… I would have to figure out how to make my girl appear ‘older’…  :)))
I floated around in the pool on a hot-pink float.  I let my mind ‘float’, also.  Whatever thoughts wanted to go through it… I let them.  Just because I said ‘hot-pink’ doesn’t mean ‘it’s a beautiful sight’!  :)))  I’m just saying…..
I’m at least 2-3 feet, or more… off the ground.  Only a thin, vinyl wall separates me from the space that would make me fall onto the ground!  The thin, vinyl wall holds the water that makes it possible for me… to float around on the space that normally… I could only walk on.  Think about it… amazing!  I mean… have you really ‘thought about it’?  I’m in ‘this clear liquid that allows me to ‘float’ around… in the air!
I see a bug floating around, his little legs kicking hard.  I care about this little bug; yet, I would kill a spider, fly; and battle a ‘kiddiddle hopper’!  I help it by pushing a leaf up to him… I think he is very happy to climb up on it.  I’m happy for him.  I forget about the bug…
My eyes enjoy the very hot-pink of the float I’m holding onto, then… as I pass by the neon green float… I feel pleasure at seeing such ‘happy colors’… especially when all comes into focus along side the beach ball with its yellow, white, blue, hot pink colors.  Happy colors do make me happy… they keep the ‘darkness’ away from me.  I’m afraid of the … dark.
I love colors… I was thinking even the ‘ugliest’ person in the world could have on happy colors… they would be beautiful; especially… if their personality was just as beautiful.  Don’t you agree?  Can you see that ‘I agree with myself’… as my photo below… does a ‘happy dance’?
I need more happy colors in my life again… when Tommy died… through time since… I notice I wear a lot of black, dark colors.  My happy colors seem to be all ‘inside’ now.  I am trying to make them ‘show’, again.  A little color here… a little color, there…
My funny, happy-moving photo… Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee… I still haven’t figured out ‘how’ I made some of my photos move!!!  My friend, Prenin, in England said my camera probably has the ability to make photos animated.  I have some I would like to see animated… but, ‘how’?  :)))
I closed my eyes, feeling relaxed.  I could hear the drone of a plane so high up in the sky… behind fluffy, white clouds.  I couldn’t see it, so… I closed my eyes once again.
I listened to a black bird as he kept saying ‘caw’!  He said it many times… I wondered if it was communicating with the dog across the road.  The dog would bark, the black bird would ‘caw’…
I opened my eyes, feeling…. sensing my swimming pool.  It felt ‘safe’, I studied the sides of it, I didn’t ‘feel’ as if it would ‘all of a sudden’… collapse!  If it did… I worried for a moment about going out with all the water… in front of God, and whoever happened to be looking.
I wasn’t in the mood to entertain anyone by riding a wave of water as the pool collapsed!  Much less getting more… sand burns!  I still have a couple of places that are still healing.
I looked at the privacy screen (3 sections that fold).  It stood nearby… I’m thinking about painting a beach scene on it.  I don’t paint for anyone now… I can’t put my heart into it… I thought I might not can be inspired enough to paint for myself.
The privacy screen is made of wicker… white.  I was thinking of refreshing the ‘white’ with more white.  As I look at it, I can imagine the sand; ocean disappearing into the sky in the far-off distance… the sky blue; big puffy white clouds…. and several white sea gulls flying in the wind.  I imagine several breaking waves on the shore… then, my mind goes to … Tommy.
Tommy was at the ocean when he died… he was happy.  He and Taban, his little 3 year old son… were running, playing.  Their happy sounds blended with the music of the sea gulls, waves washing ashore… I know it was a beautiful sound his ears heard… just ‘before’…
Artwork by Gloria Faye Brown Bates… a poster I did for a business some time ago.  I love this… I wish I could become inspired to paint, draw again………..
I floated around, deep in thought, as I imagined a big guy, a little guy running, squealing, laughing.  It was the big guy’s first time to play at the ocean with his little son.  I let myself… hear them in my mind.  This time… I didn’t cry.  I let go of my ‘Tommy’ thoughts…
The motor of a big truck sounded… the neighbor just came home.  I don’t know him, nor his wife.  I heard they were nice people.  I think maybe someone’s been repairing their roof… a tree fell during a storm.  I’ve been hearing the sound of a hammer, lately…
I hear a sound outside the pool… why, it’s Kissy walking by.  He looks at me, probably wondering how I can be in the air like that.  If I were a Pup… I would wonder many things, too.  His sweet face… another sweet face appears.
Chadwick, our other Pup… just walked by…  neither Pup tries to get on the pool… I like that.   It has a inflated ring that goes all the way around it… it could lose air… if a toenail punctured it.
My mind is coming back to reality… it ‘seems like the pool is going to be… alright’.  I’m hoping it will; it means the world to me to have it.  I think about all the money Skip earned to make the pool possible for me… all he goes through.  My heart… it touches my heart.  Thank-you, Skip.
I decide to get out as I cast my eyes around the inside wall, the water… I compare what I see with what I saw on the outside wall… I ‘think’ everything’s going to be alright.
I don’t feel ‘gun-shy’ now, about getting into the pool.  I look forward to the next time, when… I can let my mind float around just as I float on my hot-pink float!  Free as the wind…
I want to float ‘free as the wind’… a soft wind.  Not one that will throw my a___ out on the sand in a torrent of violent waves of water!!!  I’m just saying…  :)))
You know how one thinks… anything goes!
Advertisements

No comments:

Post a Comment