Saturday, May 19, 2018

My Tommy Necklace ... Friendship


My Tommy Necklace ... 
by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee






I wanted to share a photo of a necklace I treasure with my very Heart.  I call it my Tommy Necklace.


I have a friend I've known since we were young girls.  We lived in the North Carolina mountains.  We never saw each other all these years but, one day we will.  


Since my son, Tommy, died ( I know most of you know who Tommy is ... you all stayed with me on my Blog, Facebook, Email through the years after he died) ... she has sent me things that I treasure with my Heart.  This is one of many things friends have sent to me honoring Tommy's memory through time. I treasure every one of them.


She sent me a blanket with many photos of him printed on it.  Not only that a photo of him on canvas that is one of my favorite photos of Tommy ... how did she know I loved that particular photo?  


She was there at times when my friends were there to help me through the years.  I am so thankful for her ... and my friends.  Each one has a special place in my Heart.


I don't take friendship for granted ... when someone is a real friend ... they give you a gift ... one you should treasure.  I treasure my real friendships.  


I thank you for this Tommy Necklace again.  I wanted to share the photo of it on my Blog.  




Author Note:  


I have just begun writing again ... it will take time for me to get back into the swing of it.  I'm enjoying being back.  Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee








No comments:

Post a Comment